ldap filter question

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Fri Oct 21 17:50:57 CEST 2005

hi all!

to verify some network devices which want to connect to a switch we want to use
radius and store the mac-addresses in ldap. the switch passes the
ethernet-mac-address to radius which should then be checked against the ldap
entry for dhcp, there is an attribte dhcpHWAddress we already use successfully
for dhcp. the dhcpHWAddress contains something like "ethernet
00:0e:35:c4:70:a8". how can i teach radius to use just the octect value
(without the word "ethernet"=) of this attribute? i assume that i have to
define something like 'filter = "dhcpHWAddress=%u" ', but how to strip of
"ethernet"?

thanks in advance for any tipps!

regards,

   markus

Markus Krause                           email: krause at biochem.mpg.de
Computing Center                        Tel.: 089 - 89 40 85 99
Group Lottspeich / Proteomics           Fax.: 089 - 89 40 85 98

     This message was sent using https://webmail.biochem.mpg.de
If you encounter any problems please report to rz-linux at biochem.mpg.de