Radlast and radwho fails

Kevin Capwell capke at webmail.onalaska.k12.wi.us
Fri Oct 21 18:45:03 CEST 2005

GIVEN: I can use both the test account and a laptop with an access
point to access our wireless network via freeradius.  However, I can
not see who is currently online through radlast and radwho.

Authentication Style: MAC address using the ${sysconfdir}/raddb/users file

DETAILS
Server OS: Mac OS X  - 10.4.2
Darwin (fully qualified domain name) 8.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version
8.2.0: Fri Jun 24 17:46:54 PDT 2005;
root:xnu-792.2.4.obj~3/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

radiusd - version 1.0.5

NAS: Netgear - Prosafe Wireless Access Point WG102
Firmware Version V1.0.31
==Accounting is ON==
Primary Accounting Server
IP Address      (suppressed)
Port Number     1813
Shared Secret   (suppressed)

$ radlast
last: /usr/local/var/log/radius/radwtmp: No such file or directory

$ radwho
radwho: Error reading /usr/local/var/log/radius/radutmp: No such file
or directory

$ /usr/local/sbin/radiusd -X
Module: Loaded radutmp
  radutmp: filename = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radutmp"
  radutmp: username = "%{User-Name}"
  radutmp: case_sensitive = no
  radutmp: check_with_nas = yes
  radutmp: perm = 384
  radutmp: callerid = yes
Module: Instantiated radutmp (radutmp)
Listening on authentication *:1812
Listening on accounting *:1813
Ready to process requests.

from /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
radutmp {
    filename = ${logdir}/radutmp
    username = %{User-Name}
    case_sensitive = no
    check_with_nas = yes
    perm = 0600
    callerid = "yes"
radutmp sradutmp {
    filename = ${logdir}/sradutmp
    perm = 0644
    callerid = "no"
accounting {
    detail
    unix
    radutmp
session {
    radutmp

The views, opinions and statements contained in this transmission are
not necessarily the views, opinions and statements of the School
District of Onalaska.   http://www.onalaska.k12.wi.us/

This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
material and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
discard the message and notify the sender directly.