RHEL v3 and rlm_eap linking problems

Shane D shane.dawalt at wright.edu
Tue Oct 25 01:25:30 CEST 2005

  Freeradius 1.0.5 is being installed on a RHEL v3 AMD86_64 box.

  Freeradius is configured to install and operate within my directory
space. Compilation went fine (under my username).  But when I tried
installing from my account, errors were seen from libtool for some of
the modules (rlm_eap) and the server couldn't find some module files.

  I destroyed the installation directory tree and changed to root then
reinstalled.  Everything installed (and worked) fine.  After comparing
the two install logs, I found that when installed as root, the installer
used the libtool from the freeradius package.  But when installed from
my account, the installer used the system libtool (and many issues
occurred due to this).  More odd is that the libtool command contained a
full path specification - so it wasn't due to account PATH differences.

  Is this a known issue or is it expected for some reason?

  Shane