Cisco and No NAS-Port seen (checkrad)

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Wed Oct 26 18:12:00 CEST 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Miguel wrote:

> Hi, im having problems implementing simultaneous-use on a cisco AS5400, is
> the same problem addresses in this thread
>
> http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-users/2005-March/041894.html
>
> Ok, i know what the problem is, but how can i instruct the cisco that it must
> send the NAS-Port attribute?, is this even posible?
> thanks

I think in conf t you can define the radius attribute with something like

radius-server attribute nas-port format X

with X being dependant on the type of connections

I don't know if this will force it, but perhaps the default type is
something that doesn't apply to your type of connection.  For PPPoA we use
format d, which gives you the slot/mod/port vpi/vci.  But there are a few
other options, just give it a ?