In a real tizz with digest.

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Fri Sep 2 17:07:10 CEST 2005

"Iandc Davies" <Iandc.Davies at Marconi.com> wrote:
> Copied dictionary file from an old server version (0.8.1) - file available
> at bottom of mail

  PLEASE don't do that.  It's not necessary at all.  The dictionaries
SHOULD NOT be edited, unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

> 1. In the /etc/raddb/users file insert entry as below :-
> Auth-Type := Digest, User-Password = "test"
>             Reply-Message = "Hello, test with Digest"
>
> - - uname started at column zero with a <tab> to Auth-Type - -

  That entry should start off with a user name:

test	Auth-Type := Digest, User-Password := "test"
            Reply-Message = "Hello, test with Digest"

> 2. Initiate radclient with a file called digest (i.e. radclient -f digest
> localhost auth testing123)
> Changed user-name from test to root in both files and user-password to
> root-password in users.

  That WILL NOT WORK.  The user name is used to create the hash in
Digest-Response.  Changing the user name means that the test vector
will be wrong, and the test will fail.

> Ran radiusd -X in an xterm with the following output below:
>
> Can't find the 'unexpected comma !! and its driving me crazy.

  It's probably a side-effect of having no user name in the entry in
the "users" file.