Freeradius v1.0.4, MySQL, MacOS X

Daniel Albaugh dalbaugh at midsouth.rr.com
Sat Sep 3 23:08:37 CEST 2005

I'm trying to build freeradius v1.0.4 on an OS X v10.3.9 machine
(client only, not server) with mysql support so I can get the
dialup_admin web interface working.  However, I don't appear to be
having any luck with the mysql part.

I have downloaded the freeradius v1.0.4 source from freeradius.org
and mysql v4.1.14 OS X installer  from mysql.com

MySQL has been installed.

To setup freeradius, I run ./configure --disable-shared --with-mysql-
include-dir=/usr/local/mysql/include from my freeradius source
directory but I always get the following error during ./configure:

configure: warning: mysql headers not found.  Use --with-mysql-
include-dir=<path>.
configure: warning: sql submodule 'mysql' disabled

I also get the following errors, although I'm not sure if they are
important:

configure: warning: silently not building rlm_counter.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_counter requires:  libgdbm.

configure: warning: silently not building rlm_ippool.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_ippool requires:  libgdbm.

I've tried several locations for --with-mysql-include-dir=,
including /usr/local/mysql/, /usr/local/mysql/include, /usr/local/
mysql/bin but nothing seems to work.

I've read about several patches available for freeradius on OS X, but
I'm not sure which are pertinent with the newest builds of freeradius.

Running MacOS X v10.4.2 is an option if it makes life easier.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Daniel Albaugh