[PEAP] Authenticate aigainst OpenLDAP Directory with NT Hashes

Sebastian Mauer sebastian at n-unity.de
Sun Sep 4 18:41:22 CEST 2005

Hello there,

I just researched a little bit in the freeradius-users list and found
out that there have to be clear passwords in the LDAP Direcotry to get
FreeRADIUS to work with LDAP. However I think it's not very secure to
store the passwords in clear in the Directory, even if there are ACLs in
Place.

Is it really not possible to do PEAP (w. MSCHAPv2) when I have NT-Hashes
in the Directory? My target is to use LDAP as authentication source for
my UNIX Workstations (trough pam_ldap), my Windows Workstations (trough
Samba accessing LDAP, therefor I have the NT-Hashes in the Dir) and
RADIUS for dialup and wireless users.

Has someone done this before? Does someone know a good Howto to achieve
this?

Sincerely,

Sebastian Mauer