Tru64 again

Tim Winders twinders at southplainscollege.edu
Wed Sep 14 18:34:38 CEST 2005

I'm back at trying to get freeradius working under Tru64.  This time using
1.0.5.

I have an older cvs version working, but I can't remember what I did to make
it work.  :-(  The working version I have is marked 1.1.0-pre0 built on Feb
17, 2005.

First, in src/main/radiusd.c I have commented out the OSFC2 define.  I do
this because I'm not running C2, but it is always found and enabled, which
kills the make.  Then, I run configure with these options:

CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/lib" LIBS="-lssl -lcrypto
-lsecurity" ./configure \
--disable-shared \
--enable-ltdl-install=no \
--with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/ssl/include \
--with-openssl-libraries=/usr/local/ssl/lib \
--without-mysql --disable-mysql

radiusd seems to compile, but with many warnings.  However, when I run it,
it immediately seg faults and dumps core.  Unfortunately, I am not a
programmer, so I don't know how to begin troubleshooting this and try to
help get freeradius working under Tru64.

I remember being told that none of the development team uses Tru64.  So,
it's possible this will never work "right".  But, I'm willing to help out in
whatever limited capacity I can, including CPU/shell account.

Any useful suggestions are welcome.

---

Tim Winders
Associate Dean of Information Technology
South Plains College
Levelland, TX 79336

Problem replying to my email?  Click the "Sign" button in the OE toolbar or,
better yet, get your own FREE Personal E-Mail Digital ID:
http://www.thawte.com/email/index.html