mssql and authenticate_query

Duane Cox duanec at mail.illicom.net
Thu Sep 15 23:23:37 CEST 2005

There is an "authenticate_query" variable defined in the stock mssql.conf

I can not get freeradius to run this query when authenticating users; and
when I add the 'sql' module in the authenticate section of radius.conf,
freeradius stops with the following error...

Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
radiusd.conf: "SQL" modules aren't allowed in 'authenticate' sections -- they have no such method.

I am beginning to think this entry is defunct or never implemented.
Am I right?  If so, then I could remove that entry from my mssql.conf.

Thanks
Duane Cox