Walled Garden for Users Without Realms.

McCain, Al cmccain at valortelecom.com
Fri Sep 16 16:18:56 CEST 2005

Hi.

I was wondering if there was a way to place users in a Walled Garden if
they try to Auth without a Realm.
We are currently running FreeRADIUS Version 0.9.3. Our users are stored
in MySQL.

Company:
I work for an ISP. We seem to aquire new properties every few months.

Current structure :

We have multiple instances of RADIUS running: one for each domain. (I
have NO clue who set it up this way).

I would like to consolidate these intances into one, and force our users
to use realms.

Problem:

We can't just force the customers to use realms. We would need to notify
them of the changes. (This can prove tricky).

What I would like to see:

Aside from contacting the customer about changes, I would like to send
the users to a web page after they log in without a realm. The page
would tell them that they need to log in with realms.  I believe this is
called hURL'ing, however I cannot seem to find any documentation.

Has anyone ever done this, or know if it can be done ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Al