Howto strip off Domain Name

Sebastian Mauer sebastian at n-unity.de
Fri Sep 16 16:43:02 CEST 2005

Hello there,

I managed to get FreeRadius authenticating users with PEAP against a
OpenLDAP Directory containing my Samba controlled domain data and users.
The Users are stored with der normal username (without Domain) in the
LDAP. As default the windows WLAN Client tries to authenticate with the
entered windows logon credentials which is fine if the client would send
the username without the Domain added. When FreeRadius looks up
DOMAIN\testuser in the LDAP there is obviously no result because the
user is stored as testuser. So what can I do to strip of any Domain Name
by default?

Thanks in Advance,

Sebastian Mauer