PAM, Postgres, Freeradius

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Sep 19 19:10:11 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-19-09 at 15:31 +0100, Mark Olliver wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking at using a postgres database as the backend storage system for
> freeradius and I think I have this part configured correctly. Does anyone have
> any scripts for creating simple user a/c's into the database?
>
> The second more important thing is that I want to use PAM to authenticate
> against the freeradius server. This is because I have many different servers
> and need to keep a consistent list of users on all systems. This I can do by
> replicating the postgres database, however I can not directly (safely to my
> knowledge) do this with out going via pam.
> Can anybody who has this working please give me an example of how they did
> this and what there pam.d files look like now.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
Google for :
freeradius postgresql schema
or
freeradius postgresql data

You should find a number of posts from me with sample
data. I am not actively developing on either of these
projects and have no data easily accessible at the
moment, so the archives are the best place to find my
sample data. I have no experience authenticating PAM
from radius, but their has been a bunch of threads
in the past.

Good Luck