Dictionary include error.

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Sep 27 01:27:03 CEST 2005

Joseph <sspbdl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to include the dictionary.starent and getting the following
> error:
>
> Errors reading dictionary: dict_init:
> /etc/freeradius/dictionary.starent[41]: dict_addattr: ATTRIBUTE has invalid
> number (larger than 255).

  The Starent dictionaries aren't $INCLUDEd for a reason.  The server
doesn't support them (yet).

> Running on debian sarge with snapshot copy of freeradius because I need the
> starent dictionary.

  As the header to the dictionary.starent file says, they're in a
non-standard format.  The server doesn't support the Starent format
yet.  (And ONLY Starent uses this format, by the way...)

  If you want to make the server support them, see src/lib/radius.c,
where there is support for Lucent attributes, which are somewhat similar.