SQL Accouting

Paolo Rotela paolo.rotela at bluetelecom.com
Wed Sep 28 20:08:57 CEST 2005

You should have something like this in your radiusd.conf

$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sql.conf

Then you should have this in sql.conf (or the file pointed to by the
include, my example is with mysql, could be another engine)

sql {

        # Database type
        # Current supported are: rlm_sql_mysql, rlm_sql_postgresql,
        # rlm_sql_iodbc, rlm_sql_oracle, rlm_sql_unixodbc, rlm_sql_freetds
        driver = "rlm_sql_mysql"

        # Connect info
        server = "localhost"
        login = "user"
        password = "user"

        # Database table configuration
        radius_db = "radius"

        # If you want both stop and start records logged to the
        # same SQL table, leave this as is.  If you want them in
        # different tables, put the start table in acct_table1
        # and stop table in acct_table2
        acct_table1 = "radacct"
        acct_table2 = "radacct"

and then some accounting_*_query that inserts or updates the ${acct_table1}
or ${acct_table2}.

Then your "accounting {" section in radiusd.conf should have a line saying
"sql" or the sql instance name (if you are using more than the default
instance for sql module).

And then you must have the "radius" database and the "radacct" table.

If all this is ok, then I don't know for sure, you should check your
radius.log for errors in the sql module.