rlm_ldap: could not start TLS

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Sat Apr 1 15:28:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to make freeradius 1.1.0 contact a LDAP server.
I configured freeradius --with-edir.

The error I get is
"rlm_ldap: could not start TLS Can't contact LDAP server"

I followed this document
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/15922.html

except that in my case, the LDAP server is on Netware 6.5 SP5.

On this Netware server, LDAP responds correctly over SSL, as tested with
  Novell's ldapsearch on port 636.

In radiusd.conf, in the ldap section, I use
tls_cacertfile  = /usr/local/freeradius/etc/raddb/certs/rootder.b64

which is the self-signed certificate exported from the Netware's CA object.

I can provide other details about my "LDAP server" object in Netware
upon request.

Thanks in advance,

Marc Delisle