Setup Freeradius for Challenge response authentication

Yizhi Lao laoyizhi at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 14:35:35 CEST 2006

Dear all,

   I am a new user of freeradius, currently using freeradius 1.1.0 on Redhat Linux. I wish to setup freeradius for a 2 factor authentication, such that:

  NAS issue an Access-Request to Radius server
  Radius server authenticate against LDAP
  once successful --
  Radius server then issue an Access-Chanllenge  to NAS (second factor, asking for  an additional password/token)
  NAS reply with an Acces-Request
  Radius server then authenticate the second Access-request and reply to NAS.

  The above is roughly the authentication flow I wish to achieve. After reading the configuration setup instructions, I still have no clue where to start with the configuration, can some one please enlighten me? Is there a custom built radius module required?

Thanks in advance for all the help

regards
Kaden