ldap.attrmap question

liz liz at unixgrrl.net
Thu Apr 6 03:58:24 CEST 2006

Greetings,

I have  a simple question about the ldap.attrmap file.  I have placed
the following two lines into my ldap.attrmap.file. What I am trying
to do is obtain information from an attribute in the LDAP server and
then pass it to the NAS we are using. In the debug output of Radius I
see it getting the attribute and setting it. However, I dont think it
is sending it to the NAS. I don't see it sending it just setting it.
checkItem	Group-Name		 	Description
replyItem	Group-Name			Description
Radius is setup to auth via ntlm_auth& the MS-CHAP module,then
through the users file it uses LDAP ( I assume this is ok) to pull
group information. I havent  have yet to figure out a better way to
do this.

My questions are
a) Is this approriate use of the ldap.attrmap file
b) Is there any easier way to do this.
c) What should I see when it  succefsully sends an attribute to the NAS.

-Filles--

ldap.attrmap
checkItem	Group-Name		 	Description
replyItem	Group-Name			Description