Freeradius cannot find rlm_sql_postgresql driver!

lmyho lm_yho at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 05:22:11 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I am trying to test the freeradius to work with postgresql database.  Just installed
freeradius 1.1.0 on debian system via 'aptitude install' command of debian. The
radiusd.conf file was modified to work with postgresql and the postgresql.conf file
also put in the position for FR to use.

However, when I issued command to start the FR, the radius server did not start!  In
the log file, it shows:
 Error: rlm_sql (sql): Could not link driver rlm_sql_postgresql:
rlm_sql_postgresql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 Error: rlm_sql (sql): Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the
search path of your system's ld.
 Error: radiusd.conf[6]: sql: Module instantiation failed.
 Error: radiusd.conf[1111] Unknown module "sql".
 Error: radiusd.conf[1106] Failed to parse authorize section.

The last three entries seems like just the consiquences of cannot find the
postgresql driver.  But the first two entries make me panic! In my postgresql.conf
file, the driver is listed as driver="rlm_sql_postgresql" as indicated by FR.  But
why I got the err of 'cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'?

Please can anyone tell what is happenning?  And what should I do now??  Where is the
rlm_sql_postgresql driver??  pretty panic:(  Help!!

Highly appreciate any help from you!!  Thanks!!!

leo