Freeradius cannot find rlm_sql_postgresql driver!

lmyho lm_yho at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 16:22:53 CEST 2006

--- Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:

> lmyho wrote:
>
> > I am trying to test the freeradius to work with postgresql database.
> > Just installed freeradius 1.1.0 on debian system via 'aptitude
> > install' command of debian.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >  Error: rlm_sql (sql): Could not link driver rlm_sql_postgresql:
> > rlm_sql_postgresql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> The licenses of PostgreSQL and FreeRADIUS are incompatible, therefore
> Debian doesn't distribute a binary version of the PostgreSQL module.
>
> You could build a Debian package from source with the tarball of
> FreeRADIUS 1.1.1 from www.freeradius.org. The FAQ explains how
> to do this:
>
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/FreeRADIUS_Wiki:FAQ

Hi Nicolas,
Thanks very much for telling me this!  I built the pkgs from tarball-1.1.1...  But I
got tons of warnings in the building process, tons of them!  Just list a few below.
Just want to know: with so many warnings, do the pkgs I built still usable?  Thanks
a lot for advising!!   Please see the list (only picked a few) below:

radius.c: In function 'make_secret':
radius.c:167: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'librad_MD5Update'
differ in signedness
radius.c: In function 'make_passwd':
radius.c:205: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'librad_MD5Update'
differ in signedness
radius.c: In function 'make_tunnel_passwd':
radius.c:294: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'librad_MD5Update'
differ in signedness

rlm_passwd.c: In function 'build_hash_table':
rlm_passwd.c:218: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'hash' differ in
signedness
rlm_passwd.c:232: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'hash' differ in
signedness
rlm_passwd.c: In function 'get_pw_nam':
rlm_passwd.c:299: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'hash' differ in
signedness
rlm_passwd.c: In function 'passwd_authorize':
rlm_passwd.c:536: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c: In function 'cisco_vsa_hack':
rlm_preprocess.c:126: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'__builtin_strchr' differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c:144: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c: In function 'rad_mangle':
rlm_preprocess.c:203: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'__builtin_strchr' differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c:206: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strcpy'
differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c: In function 'huntgroup_access':
rlm_preprocess.c:375: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strNcpy'
differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c:376: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen'
differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c: In function 'add_nas_attr':
rlm_preprocess.c:404: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'ip_hostname' differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c:425: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'ip_hostname' differ in signedness
rlm_radutmp.c: In function 'radutmp_checksimul':
rlm_radutmp.c:658: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rlm_realm.c: In function 'check_for_realm':
rlm_realm.c:209: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strcpy' differ
in signedness
rlm_sql.c: In function 'sql_groupcmp':
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in
signedness
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of '__builtin_strcmp'
differ in signedness
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of '__builtin_strcmp'
differ in signedness
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in
signedness
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of '__builtin_strcmp'
differ in signedness
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of '__builtin_strcmp'
differ in signedness
rlm_sql.c: In function 'rlm_sql_authorize':
rlm_sql.c:824: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rlm_sql.c: In function 'rlm_sql_checksimul':
rlm_sql.c:1227: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness