mysql replication vs. radrelay

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Fri Apr 7 07:30:46 CEST 2006

On Fri 07 Apr 2006 00:01, Olaf Schäfer wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have a redundant radius server setup with two radius servers. On each
> of the servers freeradius 1.1.1 and mysql is running. If the primary
> server goes down the AC falls back to the secondary server. To keep the
> databases (except the radacct table) synchronised I use MySQL
> replication. But I'm not sure which is the best way to replicate the
> accounting information: using radrelay or mysql-replication, too?

My last experience with MySQL master-master replication and FreeRADIUS was
that mysql corrupted my radacct table within 24 hours. This was 4-5 years
ago, however you have to understand the constraints of databases and the fact
that sql replication is a "hard" problem.

radrelay on the other hand is easy and works perfectly!

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/