problem with oracle scheme - table radacct

Mathieu Legare Mathieu.Legare at UQTR.CA
Mon Apr 10 22:21:16 CEST 2006

Using freeradius 1.1.0 on RHEL 4.0 update 3 with Oracle 9 database
backend for accounting, we discovered the following problem while trying
to add our wireless stuff to our RADIUS system. We've been using the
current setup for PPP login with a Cisco access server without any
problem.

So the NAS is a Nortel WLAN Security Switch 2380 (more or less a Trapeze
device if i am not mistaken).  The WLAN switch sends a "start
accounting" packet, unfortunalety the content of the %{NAS-Port-Id}
variable that the WLAN switch sends seems to be in the following format:
"2049/1" which is NOT a NUMERIC(12) (or integer if using the MySQL
driver). This cause an ORA-01722 error . We've changed the NasPortId
field type to VARCHAR2(15) to fix the problem.

I really don't know if changing the type of the NasPortId field to
varchar2 can introduce other problems, so far we haven't notice any.

Thanks and have a nice day,