filter to authenticate posixAccount users

monish ar monish.ar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 08:48:58 CEST 2006

Hi,
     I was a little confused about radiusd.conf settings for ldap
authentication. These are a few doubts i have ...

     1)  Is there any specific filter entry to authenticate posixAccount
users?
          The default is filter =
"(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})" , will this work for
posixAccount /
          shadowAccount users?

     2) Do i need to comment the password_attribute = "userPassword" entry
for successful bind to the ldap server?

     3) Why does the entry : base_filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"
gets set when radiusd runs even though i comment it
          in the radiusd.conf file? Is the base filter entry required for
ldap authentication? If yes, is the above default entry correct?

       I've tried rlm_ldap authentication but failed till now,i get the
error message during authentication.

         rlm_ldap: Bind failed with invalid credentials

       However,bind is successful during authorization but fails during
authentication... any ideas?