[FreeRADIUS (EAP-TLS)] Server does not start.

freeradius at gmx.de freeradius at gmx.de
Wed Apr 12 13:38:14 CEST 2006

I need some help in configuring the radius server.It would be great if one
of you could guide me to the solution.

Here are my system details.

(its a 1und1 Virtual Server)
SUSE 9.3
FreeRADIUS 1.1.1
und openssl-0.9.7e-3

I have created a CA and Certficates using openssl.
The names of these files are masterkey.pem and master_cert.pem respectively.
They are kept in the /usr/local/etc/raddb/masterkeys directory.

I took the following steps.
Created CA with the following:
/usr/share/ssl/misc/CA.sh -newca

Signing request with:
openssl req -new -nodes -keyout masterkey.pem -out masterreq.pem

Sign:
openssl ca -out master_cert.pem -infiles ./masterreq.pem

eap.conf:
tls{
certificate_file und private_key_file =
${raddbdir}/masterkeys/master_cert.pem
CA_file = ${raddbdir}/masterkeys/cacert.pem

But after following the above standard procedure, i cannot start my radius
server and its
not clear to me what could be the actuall problem.Here are the last few
lines of my error messages
that i get when i start the server.

rlm_eap_tls: Loading the certificate file as a chain
rlm_eap_tls: Error reading Trusted root CA list
rlm_eap: Failed to initialize type tls
radiusd.conf[10]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[1893] Unknown module "eap".
radiusd.conf[1840] Failed to parse authenticate section.

--
Analog-/ISDN-Nutzer sparen mit GMX SmartSurfer bis zu 70%!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer