non-number value in Acct-*-Octets

magmike at mail.ru magmike at mail.ru
Thu Apr 13 22:42:00 CEST 2006

>> today my radius reveived very strange packet from pppd.
>>
>> Acct-Output-Octets was not number!

AD>   The text printed by the server is *not* sent in the packet.

>>     Acct-Output-Octets = Route-Appletalk-No

AD>   It looks like your dictionaries are screwed up, or there's a bug in
AD> the server.
all /usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary* are fresh. it installed
from 1.1.1 source tree and have no differents with source files
before "make install" i moved /usr/local/share/freeradius/* to backup

i check it with
 for f in  /usr/src/freeradius-1.1.1/share/dictionary*; do
   diff  $f /usr/local/share/freeradius/${f##*/}
 done

there was no any differences found.

AD>   Which version are you running?

radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.1, for host , built on Mar 29 2006 at 00:06:30

I examine all detail-files for Mart and April (~90MB per day). No
other incidents like this was found.

Mike.