WinXP with Ipsec Framed-Route config problem

Radek Antoniuk r.antoniuk at pixel.com.pl
Sun Apr 16 02:40:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm setting up a connection based on linux with openswan and an XP box.
Everything is okay, when I'm using the "use default gateway on the
remote network" option on the XP side. But I don't want to use it
because I have another connection to a standard internet and the ipsec
one breaks it this way. What I want to do, is to force radius to set a
static route on the XP box after setting the tunnel up. But it doesn't.

so,here's the scenario:
no framed-route, after setting the tunnel manually adding:
"route add ...." on XP box.
WORKS FINE.

framed-route, setting up connection, (the static route doesn't work -
does not show up in the routing table), manually adding static route
like before...
does NOT work. weird, isn't it?

Moreover, I have tried using many forms of Framed-Route, and none of
these work for XP (after none of these appriopriate route shows up in
the route table on the windows box).

Here's my user section :

tester   Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "test3ingXXX"
     Service-Type = Framed-User,
     Framed-Protocol = PPP,
     Framed-IP-Address = "10.20.30.1",
     Framed-IP-Netmask = "255.255.255.255",
     Framed-Route = "1.2.3.4 255.255.255.255 1",
     Framed-MTU = 1500,
     Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP

Any ideas would be apprieciated :)

Thanks.