FreeRadius Howto + PPPoE

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Mon Apr 24 22:27:22 CEST 2006

Rani Ahmed <rani79 at idm.net.lb> wrote:
> please dont tell me to read the files.. i have read them about 100 times
> but could not figure out how to really use them. ie. why should i put
> this value or that...

  The things you're configuring are RADIUS attributes.  The values you
put in are values you need for your local network to work.

  If you're not sure what values to use, then configuring your network
will be problematic.

  I suggest you buy the O'Reilly RADIUS book.  It has a good
introduction to RADIUS.

> and i really need a howto that explains the usage of Freeradius in all
> of its aspects and features without missing a thing, that of Smaba's
> Users Guide.

  FreeRADIUS doesn't document RADIUS.  The RFC's do that.