redundant LDAP server with free-radius

sumi thra sumi.techno at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 05:58:29 CEST 2006

Hi All,

1. When i configure the free-radius to use redundant ldap, the radius server
contacts the secondary ldap server first.

My config file options are:

authorize {
     redundant{
            ldap_primary
            ldap_secondary
        }
    ..
}

authenticate {
     ..
     ..
    Auth-Type LDAP {
                redundant {
                                 ldap_primary
                                 ldap_secondary

    #unix
    eap
}

ldap ldap_primary {
         ;;
         ..
}

ldap ldap_secondary {

2. My users file has : DEFAULT LDAP-Group := "groupname1" some vendor
specific attributes follows..
                            DEFAULT LDAP-Group := "groupname2"  .....

  Do i need to specify it as ldap_primary-LDAP-Group := "groupname1"
                                       ldap_secondary-LDAP-Group :=
"groupname1"   ?? or the previous define itself will work ??

Its very urgent. Please reply me if you have any idea.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sumi.