Realm question..

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Tue Apr 25 06:35:41 CEST 2006

"TS" <tony at thewordzone.co.uk> wrote:
> Is there a way of getting radius to authenicate on the username before the @
> sign and ignore the realm?

  Yes, but you have to edit the "users" file to get rid of the
"@realm" portion, and configure the realms as LOCAL ones.

> Obviously if the realm is one that we proxy then it should be proxied as
> such and any that aren't in the proxy.conf file authenticated locally.

  That's what LOCAL is for.  See proxy.conf.

> I've tried adding "strip" to the LOCAL entry in proxy.conf and also just
> adding the entry:
> to the radius users file but it won't authenticate.

  What does debugging mode say?

  What has to be updated in the documentation to convince people to
run the server in debugging mode, and to read the output?