Allowed and forbitten users in a NAS.

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Tue Apr 25 18:49:48 CEST 2006

Santiago Balaguer García wrote:
> I have a freeradius 1.1.0 and a DB with all my users. I have two kinds
> of users:
>   * users who can connect to all hotspots
>   * user who can only connect to one or some hotspots.
> Actually I can use a script in Exec-Program-Wait property to
> differenciate, but I don't seem a very clean method.
> However,  I don't know another method for diferenciating users. Any idea???

Huntgroups should work:

huntgroup file:

hotspot1	Client-IP-Address == <hotspot1-ip-address>
		SQL-Group == hotspot1

hotspot2	Client-IP-Address == <hotspot2-ip-address>
		SQL-Group == hotspot2

SQL - radcheck:

1	user1	User-Password	:=	password1
2	user2	User-Password	:=	password2

SQL - usergroup:

1	user1	hotspot1
2	user1	hotspot2
3	user2	hotspot2

That should allow user1 access to both and user2 just access to
hotspot2.  If you have multiple access points in a single hotspot just
do this:

hotspot1	Client-IP-Address == <accesspoint1-ip-address>
		SQL-Group == hotspot1
hotspot1	Client-IP-Address == <accesspoint2-ip-address>
		SQL-Group == hotspot1

hotspot2	Client-IP-Address == <accesspoint3-ip-address>
		SQL-Group == hotspot2

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator