Use of Service type attribute

Chandra mohan cmohan_n at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 08:06:46 CEST 2006

Hi,
I am developing a RADIUS client for our embedded
product. I would like the Radius client implementation
to support the association of privilege level with
individual accounts, e.g. the account "normal_user"
has a privilege that allows read-only access while
account "admin_user" has a privilege that allows
read-write access(can changes our system
configuration).
Is it possible to use "Service-Type" attribute for
this purpose, with "Login" value for normal_user and
"Administrative" for admin_user. Please clarify.

Thanks
-Chandra