-head behavior

Duane Cox duanec at mail.illicom.net
Tue Aug 1 17:32:11 CEST 2006

Alan:

why is it that with the recent -head cvs behaves like so.

<radiusd.conf>
log_file        = /${logdir}/radiusd
log_destination         = files

when rlm_sql is loaded, this gets printed to stdout (or maybe not stdout because I can not seem to redirect it)
but when log is setup to use syslog, then the output is put to syslog as told.

I would think that when told to use files, it should go there.

<rlm_sql.c>
        radlog(L_INFO, "rlm_sql (%s): Driver %s (module %s) loaded and linked",
               inst->config->xlat_name, inst->config->sql_driver,
               inst->module->name);
        radlog(L_INFO, "rlm_sql (%s): Attempting to connect to %s@%s:%s/%s",
               inst->config->xlat_name, inst->config->sql_login,

<radiusd -f (output to screen)>
Tue Aug  1 10:30:21 2006 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_unixodbc (module rlm_sql_unixodbc) loaded and linked
Tue Aug  1 10:30:21 2006 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to ....