Freeradius + OpenLDAP - user password problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 2 15:49:42 CEST 2006

 I said:
> >> The debug log you posted hows that you set "Auth-Type := LDAP".
> >>
> >> Don't do that.

  To which you responded:
> I have that set in users file:
> DEFAULT         Auth-Type := LDAP
> Fall-Through = 1
>
> And i'm pretty sure, that is okay

  To which I respond again:

  No, it's not.

  Honestly, if you know better than the people here about what's OK
and what's not, why are you asking questions on this list?

>  if i comment it out i don't get
> access-accept even with radtest if i use ldap password, which makes sense.
> So, why do you think this is the cause of my problem and how could i fix it?

  You're not following instructions.

  Please search the list archives for the answer to your question.
It's there.