Freeradius + OpenLDAP - user password problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 2 17:23:14 CEST 2006

John McEleney <john+freeradius at netservers.co.uk> wrote:
> As you can see, AuthType is set to Local in LDAP. I don't know if this
> is the recommended way to do this, but it work for me :-)

  If all you do is PAP authentication.

  And if you have "ldap" listed in the "authorise" section, the module
takes care of setting "Auth-Type = LDAP".  i.e. you could delete that
entry from the "users" file and nothing would change.  Try it.

  The original post that started this was using EAP.  LDAP doesn't do
EAP, hence the problem.

  PLEASE don't tell people to set Auth-Type.  It's not needed for your
deployment, and it breaks most other peoples deployments.