noob with some questions

P. K. pbk105 at psu.edu
Thu Aug 3 18:15:29 CEST 2006

George,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the FreeRadius documentation and
support is so abysmal and my experience too limited to make good use of
the advice you gave. Each OSS package has its benefits and weaknesses I
guess. For instance I've used ISC DHCP server for years and it has
stellar support from the programmer, great on-line information and
documentation so much so that I can't imagine using anything else. I
guess I was hoping FreeRadius would have the same support. Without a
doubt it doesn't. I've spent about two weeks now struggling to make the
software do what I want and at this point I give up. I'm moving on to
Radiator. I just can't spend any more time spinning my wheels.

Perhaps in the future the FreeRadius writer's will realize how useless
their software is with the level of documentation and support they are
providing and choose to make improvements or maybe they'll just continue
to operate on a "you get what you pay for basis." Either way it's not
worth the frustration. It's a shame really because it's obvious that it
is a really good piece of software.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply.

--Paul

Paul Kuchinski
Network Administrator
Smeal College of Business Administration
Penn State University

email: pbk105 at psu.edu
phone: (814)865-0366
fax:   (814)865-1845