Password Problem

Lawrence Shafer detroit371 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 04:26:36 CEST 2006

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Lawrence Shafer <detroit371 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Here is the last part of the debug. If you need it all let me know I
>> don't see anything wrong, but maybe you do. Am I using the wrong kind of
>> authentication (rlm_chap: Setting 'Auth-Type := CHAP')? Thanks!
>>

>   No.  You have crypt'd passwords, and haven't told the server they're
> crypted passwords.
>
>   On top of that, you're using CHAP with crypted passwords.  So even
> if you *did* tell the server they were crypted, it would be impossible
> to authenticate the user.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

I Do not understand how to set this up for chillispot. How do I tell the
server the passwords are crypted? And  if I shouldn't use CHAP, what
should I use, and how do I change it? I can't seem to get my head
wrapped around the man at the minute.

Sorry for being a noob, but this is my first adventure with any kind of
radius...

Thanks,

Lawrence Shafer