Password Problem

PhilT phil at yarwell.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 4 11:09:24 CEST 2006

I Do not understand how to set this up for chillispot. How do I tell the
server the passwords are crypted? And  if I shouldn't use CHAP, what
should I use, and how do I change it? I can't seem to get my head
wrapped around the man at the minute.

Sorry for being a noob, but this is my first adventure with any kind of
radius...

Speaking as another noob, I have just got Chillispot running on a WRT54G
accessing Freeradius and MySQL. Everything is fairly default, but some
things to check :-

1. In the MySQL database do you have the Attribute set to Password and not
something else, for example "11 usernamehere PASSWORD == passwordhere"
2. In Freeradius users file DEFAULT Auth-Type := Local
3. This bit of your debug suggests a formatting issue :-
"rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "DieselPower", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL" "
4. A succesful output from my FreeRADIUS responding to a Chillispot request
is below (I commented out some of the group checking stuff while debugging
so there are some non-relevant errors below. HTH)

Phil

---------

Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.0.0.30:2053, id=0, length=215
        User-Name = "scary"
        CHAP-Challenge = ")`\0350\2457`\247\345F3JZ\n\215\270"
        CHAP-Password = 0x002f73a3f12fbe98bfc3f9dacdf3743ebc
        NAS-IP-Address = 0.0.0.0
        Service-Type = Login-User
        Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.182.6
        Calling-Station-Id = "00-11-50-14-FF-73"
        Called-Station-Id = "00-16-B6-18-4C-14"
        NAS-Identifier = "nas01"
        Acct-Session-Id = "386e3c4800000000"
        NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
        NAS-Port = 0
        Message-Authenticator = 0xdd47eea55b9dd9461970ca8444f074c8
        Attr-925499395 = "http://192.168.182.1:3990/logoff"
modcall: entering group authorize
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns ok
radius_xlat:  'scary'
sql_escape in:  'scary'
sql_escape out:  'scary'
sql_set_user:  escaped user --> 'scary'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE
Username = 'scary' ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql: Reserving sql socket id: 4
radius_xlat:  ''
MYSQL Error: Cannot get result
MYSQL Error: Query was empty
rlm_sql_getvpdata: database query error
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE
Username = 'scary' ORDER BY id'
radius_xlat:  ''
MYSQL Error: Cannot get result
MYSQL Error: Query was empty
rlm_sql_getvpdata: database query error
radius_xlat:  'SELECT Value,Attribute FROM radcheck WHERE UserName = 'scary'
AND ( Attribute = 'User-Password' OR Attribute = 'Password' OR Attribute =
'Crypt-Password' ) ORDER BY Attribute DESC'
rlm_sql: Released sql socket id: 4
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok
    users: Matched DEFAULT at 152
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok
modcall: group authorize returns ok
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
auth: type Local
auth: user supplied CHAP-Password matches local User-Password
Sending Access-Accept of id 0 to 10.0.0.30:2053
Finished request 17
Going to the next request

-----

a bit to do, I got it working first and learned about it, so will move to
the current version whenI rebuild it properly. it does at least authenticate
:-)

I found dialupadmin to cause more problems than solutions the first time, so
I went for pHpMyAdmin to put values into the tables, I'm aware that some of
them are blank and generating warnings.

Phil