monitoring freeradius with snmp

Andy Ford andy.ford at telindus.co.uk
Fri Aug 4 15:59:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a requirement to monitor freeradius with snmp.
According to the freeradius web site and other sources I've done the
following...
1. compiled freeradius with the '--with-snmp' option
2. modified the freeradius snmp.conf file to include

smux_password = verysecret

2. modified the radiusd.conf file with

	snmp = yes
	$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/snmp.conf

3. modified the net-snmp snmpd.conf file to include

smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.3.1 verysecret

4. started the radiusd and snmpd daemons.

When I do an 'snmpwalk -v1 -c public localhost system' I get the
'system' info from the MIB (as expected).
When I walk enterprises.3317 I get nothing.

I didn't actually expect to get much as I have a huge gap in my
knowledge which is the smux. I'm not sure how it works or how I
implement it successfully.

Has anyone implemented an smux or monitoring freeradius with snmp.
If you have, It would be great if you would impart with any knowledge
you may have so I can sort this out.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Andy
--
perl -e "print qq^bIG VeRN ! ^^qq^#'#Yv#=<D+ ^"

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only.  If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm that it has been deleted from your system and any copies destroyed.  If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.  We use reasonable endeavours to virus scan all e-mails leaving the Company but no warranty is given that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right to monitor e-mail communications through our network is reserved by us.