FR-1.1.2 dies with error

Laker Netman laker_netman at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 18:55:13 CEST 2006

--- Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Alexander Serkin <als at cell.ru> wrote:
> > Do you mean just comment out line 1012 in
> request_list.c ?
>
>   Yes.
>
> > I think i'll try this first because speeding up DB
> is not a trivial task
> > by now.
>
>   But it's the real source of the problem...

How large a DB is this?  And what type of link is
there between FR and the DB?

Unless there are, literally, (tens of) thousands of
records and/or a *slow* link (think "dial-up") and/or
ancient hardware there should be some reasonable ways
to speed up the DB response.  Archiving of records and
indexing are two that come to mind first.  More
complicated, but effective, would be clustering or
optimization, even review of the DB version
(deprecated?).

Alan is correct, you are "fixing" (hiding) a symptom,
and I can say from personal experience it *will* bite
you in the butt at some point :)  The worst part of
it, too, will be that the new issue may not be clearly
linkable back to the FR problem you have currently and
you may not remember this piece of the puzzle.

Patching also breaks your upgrade path...

Just some friendly advice.

Laker