read_groups in cvs

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Mon Aug 7 21:17:57 CEST 2006

Duane Cox wrote:
> reposting....
>

> I've got
> <mssql.conf>
> read_groups = yes
>
> but the rlm_sql module does not process the groups.

My own testing found that the usergroup table would not be used unless
the SQL-Group attribute is found.  I set it in the huntgroups file
myself, but you should be able to do it in the radcheck table.

As a test, set SQL-Group in the users table and run the server in
debugging mode.  You will see where it is trying to do the lookup.

I found this in the server docs, so it is there.  I just don't recall
where I read it.  I did find the part that you quoted misleading though...

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator