AW: EAP identity - username check

Carl Wahlin carl_wahlin at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 21:52:43 CEST 2006

This is not really an option since a user could possibly change the User-Name attribute to another user before sending to the Radius. The user could then make himself have the radius assign him the other users attributes (ie get onto that users network) since the user will be in the database, and the cert will be valid.I will give Alan DeKoks solution a try tomorrow. I can see how this would work, although I'm not sure about how it will interpret the / since MS uses \ for domain names!>> sql_user_name = %{mschap:User-Name:-%{User-Name}}/Carl From: Kraemer.Armin at web.deTo: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.orgDate: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:43:29 +0200Subject: AW: EAP identity - username check

I had the same problem here and my only
solution was to turn off this check of the username.

of the username.

Ou only have to comment out the
check_cert_cn  Entry at the eap.conf to deaktivate this. Butt his turn of the
check completely also for user certificates. I changed the username from „host/username“
to „username$“ which is mostly needed using the mschap Modul
aktivating „with_ntdomain_hack“ and adding „mschap: “
to the needed authentication part like ldap section or mysql section like

(mschap:User-Name)

Maybe there is an other solution to fix
that problem without deaktivate this feature?

Armin