AW: FreeRadius - Setting IP addresses

Mike mike at mfenton.com
Thu Aug 10 12:33:44 CEST 2006

Ok I've found that entry and changed it to reflect my IP pool. I've also
made an entry in the users file like this.

DEFAULT Group == "dynamic", Auth-Type = System, Pool-Name := main_pool

I'd like to know how to make a new pool. I am going to use this one for
dynamic IP addresses, and I will need to do another for static ip
addresses. Or can I just manually specifiy per user in the users file
telling it what IP address to use?

Also, I saw a note in radiusd.conf saying if you change the range
paramaters for the main pool you will need to update or delete your
database. what does this mean and how do I do this?