Accounting Update packets

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 15 18:14:32 CEST 2006

"Michael da Silva Pereira" <michael at tradepage.co.za> wrote:
> I have a cisco PDSN sending me accouting update packets every 10minutes,
> This packet is also sent to the servers which I have realms with. I don't
> want these update accounting packets to be send to the realm server. Is
> there any way only to allow the start and start accounting packets to the
> realm servers?

  Set up a LOCAL realm (see proxy.conf for an example), and in the
"acct_users" file, do:

# do nothing special with these, but don't fall through
DEFAULT	     Acct-Status-Type == Start

DEFAULT	     Acct-Status-Type == Stop

# over-ride any previous proxy set by a "realms" module.
DEFAULT	     Proxy-To-Realm := LOCAL