Garbled class attribute?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 17 23:11:19 CEST 2006

Geoff Silver <geoff+freeradius at uslinux.net> wrote:
> As a side note, I had to change the Class attribute in dictionary.rfc2865 to
> be a string, *not* octets.  I changed:
> to make it work (and be readable), though I can't tell if that's just an
> oddity of the Cisco VPN 3000 and the way it was previously implemented here or
> what.  According to the RFC:

  The dictionaries are solely for internal server purposes.  The
reason Class is "octets" in the FreeRADIUS dictionaries is that it can
contain binary data.

>     String
>
>        The String field is one or more octets.  The actual format of the
>        information is site or application specific, and a robust
>        implementation SHOULD support the field as undistinguished octets.

  The original RFC's had "string" type for both printable & binary
data.  FreeRADIUS moved to "string" and "octets", and the RFC's moved
to "text" and "string".