PAP/mysql/crypt stuff

Keith Woodworth kwoody at citytel.net
Fri Aug 18 05:04:25 CEST 2006

After working on this off and on for the last few days I believe I have
gotten authentication working using a Crypt'd password stored in mysql but
want to run this by to make sure I did it right.

I setup a user in radcheck:

tester     | Crypt-Password | == | gmxwp4dfOcHAI

In radgroupreply:

admin     | Service-Type       | := | Administrative-User

In radgroupcheck:

 admin     | Auth-Type | := | PAP

Then when I telnet to the NAS, I can login using tester with the right
password and get a NAS prompt.

I have to move one of our T1's to this test NAS to test PPP, but it seems
to for now, be working using PAP authentication with the encrypted
password stored in mysql.

Is this the correct way to do this?

Thanks for any info.
Keith