OR-type authentication

Héctor Alberto Ortiz Barrón hector_aob at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 18 14:03:39 CEST 2006

My radiusd.conf file
modules {
        mschap certificate_userpass {
                authtype = MS-CHAP
                use_mppe = yes
                require_encryption = yes
                require_strong = yes
        }
        mschap winlogon {
                authtype = MS-CHAP
                use_mppe = yes
                require_encryption = yes
                require_strong = yes
                with_ntdomain_hack = yes
                ntlm_auth = "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key
--domain=%{winlogon:NT-Domain} --username=%{winlogon:User-Name}
--challenge=%{winlogon:Challenge:-00}
--nt-response=%{winlogon:NT-Response:-00}"
        }
        $INCLUDE  ${confdir}/eap.conf
        $INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sql.conf
instantiate {
        exec
        certificate_userpass
        winlogon
authorize {
        redundant {
                sql
                winlogon
                certificate_userpass
        }
        eap
authenticate {
        Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
                redundant {
                                certificate_userpass
                                winlogon
        eap
Using this configuration, I am able to connect to the network using a
certificate on the client computer or providing a user name and password
which are checked against the mysql database, but I can't authenticate
against the AD. If I comment out the part regarding sql from the authorize
section and do like this in the authenticate section (inverse order):
authenticate {
        Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
                redundant {
                                winlogon
				certificate
        eap
}
I can now authenticate against the AD and using certificates, but not using
the database.
Question:
What changes do I require in order to be able to grant access taking into
account the three methods?

Thanks for your assistance
Cheers
Héctor