radiusd.sh

Stephen Gran steve at lobefin.net
Fri Aug 18 14:56:15 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 03:07:11PM +0300, Peter Nixon said:
> On Fri 18 Aug 2006 13:08, KES wrote:
> > Hello, freeradius-users.
> >
> > Patch for radiusd.sh
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> >
> > # PROVIDE: radiusd
> > -# REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS
> > -# BEFORE: DAEMON
> > +# REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS mysql
> > # KEYWORD: shutdown
> >
> > radiusd must start after DBServers(mysql) do  because of some problems
> > with some rlm_sql* modules (rlm_nibs - can't connect to MySQL)
> >
> > so I have added
> > # REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS mysql
> >
> > adding mysql is case for loop dependency of 'rcorder'
> > so I have removed
> > -# BEFORE: DAEMON
> >
> > Does any have such problems?
>
> Yes. This is in-fact incorrect as it will force people who are not using mysql
> to start it. The correct thing to do is simply add the line:
>
> # Should-Start: $time postgresql mysql ldap

I've been meaning to send this along.  We've just put this in the debian
init script:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          radiusd
# Required-Start:    $network
# Should-Start:      mysql ldap postgresql samba krb5-kdc
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
### END INIT INFO

Adding $time seems like a good thing, so I've added it here as well.
The Default-Start and Default-Stop targets may be different on other
distros, so merge those as needs be.
|  Stephen Gran                  | FORTRAN is a good example of a language |
|  steve at lobefin.net             | which is easier to parse using ad hoc   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | techniques.   -- D. Gries   [What's     |
|                                | good about it?  Ed.]                    |