Max ATPS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 23 23:55:48 CEST 2006

"Guido" <guidonro at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed up and running FreeRADIUS Version 1.0.2.

  Why?  1.1.3 just came out.

>  The server is an
> Intel Pentium 4 Xeon 3.0 Ghz, 1GB DDR, HDD 120 SATA.
>
> I need know how many ATPS (attemps per seconds) or haw many minutes per
> months can this scenario support working under stress.

  First, how many users do you have, and how often will they be
authenticating?

  Second, unless you have hundres of thousands or millions of users,
the server will generally be idle.  So it won't be stressed.  And even
then, people run "stressed" systems (50 req/s) for many months without
a problem.