rlm_perl and accounting

KES kes-kes at yandex.ru
Thu Aug 24 00:53:49 CEST 2006

JC> My goal is to inspect the received attributes
JC> using rlm_perl in the preacct{} phase before they are written to log in
JC> the accounting{} phase and possibly remove/rewrite/add attributes before
JC> they are logged.  Is this possible with rlm_perl?

1) You are trying this thing:
preacct{
 if( $RAD_REQUEST{'SomeAttr'} > someExpr ) {
   $RAD_REQUEST{'SomeAttr'}= NewValue;
accounting{
  logThisToYouDB( $RAD_REQUEST{'SomeAttr'} );
}

2) Why not to do this simply:

accounting{
 if( $RAD_REQUEST{'SomeAttr'} > someExpr ) {
   logThisToYouDB( NewValue )
  else
   logThisToYouDB( $RAD_REQUEST{'SomeAttr'} );
}

I think allow users to rewrite RAD_REQUEST attributes will be case for
errors. Because this is a perverted logic

Tell me plz a cause to do 1) not 2)?