Local groups in FreeRadius ?

Ami Schieber ami.schieber at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 13:03:10 CEST 2006

Alan,

Thanks for the pointers. All examples discuss unix groups and I need to
avoid using those.
Can I create a file with several definitions like :

Finance = userA,userB,userC
Engineering = diffuserA,diffuserB,diffuserC

and somewhere else have another definition like:

Finance:
    Reply-Message = "Hello Finance user %u"

Engineering:
    Reply-Message = "Hello Engineering user %u"

and in users file, have

userA           Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "A123", Group ==
"Finance"
userB           Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "B123", Group ==
"Finance"
userC          Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "C123", Group ==
"Finance"

diffuserA           Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "A456", Group ==
"Engineering"
diffuserA           Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "B456", Group ==
"Engineering"
diffuserA           Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "C456", Group ==
"Engineering"

I'd appericiate some help with achieving this.

Thanks,

Ami