No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

Hasan Ovuc hasan.ovuc at superonline.net
Thu Aug 24 14:46:04 CEST 2006

- I copied all mib directory into /usr/share/snmp/mibs/ and added the
following lines to my original snmpd.conf :

dlmod /usr/share/snmp/mibs/RADIUS-ACC-SERVER-MIB.txt
dlmod /usr/share/snmp/mibs/RADIUS-AUTH-SERVER-MIB.txt
dlmod /usr/share/snmp/mibs/GNOME-PRODUCT-RADIUSD-MIB
dlmod /usr/share/snmp/mibs/RADIUS-STAT-MIB.txt
dlmod /usr/share/snmp/mibs/RADIUS-ACC-SERVER-MIB.chart
dlmod /usr/share/snmp/mibs/RADIUS-AUTH-SERVER-MIB.chart

- smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.3.1 pass

I added the following line to radiusd's snmp.conf:

- smux_password = pass

Uncommented the following lines in radiusd.conf :

snmp    = yes
$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/snmp.conf

Then I walked over the MIBs to see what can I get with : snmptranslate
-m /usr/share/snmp/mibs/RADIUS-STAT-MIB.txt -Tl

And tried to get radiusStatUpTime, but got the following error:

#snmpwalk -m /usr/share/snmp/mibs/RADIUS-STAT-MIB.txt -v 2c -c sol
localhost .1.3.6.1.2.1.67.3.1.2 RADIUS-STAT-MIB::radiusStatUpTime = No
Such Object available on this agent at this OID

So we can read the MIB but can't get the OID correspondent from the
SNMPD which means that SNMPD can't communicate with RADIUS.

Also, as another example, I've started the radius server with -X flag
and got the following lines on the screen, and couldnt get an answer
when I tried 1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.3.1, 1.3.6.1.2.1.67.1.1.1.1 or
1.3.6.1.2.1.67.2.1.1.1 :

 Bu e-posta mesaji ve ekleri sadece gonderildigi kisi veya kuruma ozeldir. Eger dogru kisiye ulasmadigini dusunuyorsaniz, bu mesajin yonlendirilmesi, kopyalanmasi veya herhangi bir sekilde kullanilmasi yasaktir.Mesaj iceriginde bulunan fikir ve yorumlar, SUPERONLINE'a degil sadece gondericiye aittir. Bu mesaj bilinen tum viruslere karsi test edilmistir.

 This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or use of the information is prohibited. The opinions expressed in this message belong to sender alone. There is no implied endorsement by SUPERONLINE.This e-mail has been scanned for all known computer viruses.